Onychomycosis is an infection of the nails caused by fungi. It does not usually cause discomfort, but if it is not treated in time, it can be chronicled and extended.
It rarely causes discomfort to people who suffer from it. Sometimes it can give some mild pain, which can become chronic if the affectation is extensive.
In addition, it is an access door for various germs that can cause other infections such as cellulite.
In this article we will tell you how you will be able to cure nail fungus using apple cider vinegar, something that surely nobody would have thought of, but it is possible.
Apple cider vinegar to cure nail fungus
It is possible to use apple cider vinegar in combination with sodium bicarbonate to treat fungal infection in the nails. Here we tell you how:
- One cup of Apple Vinegar
- Five tablespoons of baking soda
Method of preparation and application:
- In a large bowl, pour the cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- For about 15-20 minutes soak your feet in the vinegar.
- With a paper towel, dry your feet.
- Repeat this procedure once more, but this time adding the baking soda to the vinegar.
- This remedy should be applied daily to your feet until the fungi disappear completely.
Tips to prevent omomycosis
- You must have a rigorous hygiene in order to avoid the proliferation of fungi. Wash your feet, at least twice a day; in the case of hands, as many times as necessary. Avoid the use of talcum powder as these, despite eliminating the bad smell, contribute to the accumulation of moisture.
- Use appropriate footwear and socks that allow adequate breathability and ventilation. Daily change shoes, this way you allow them to ventilate and avoid excess moisture caused by sweating.
- Perform a manicure once a week on both hands and feet. In this way, it is easier to detect any abnormality in your nails and initiate a timely treatment to correct deformities and improve their appearance.
- Manicure material never used for infected nails should never be used for healthy nails. Before that you must sterilize it previously. On the contrary, it increases the risk of spreading the infection to other nails.
- The treatment of onychomycosis is simple. It consists of the topical application of creams and solutions in the nails to combat the fungus. In very severe cases, medication should be administered.
After reading this article you already know how to prevent onychomycosis, that is, nail fungus, as well as methods to prevent them.
Save on Pinterest and Facebook